Thursday, August 27, 2009

What happened to Summer?

I can't believe it was May that I last posted. May, June, July, and almost August wow time is flying by! Summer went by with just a moment to think about doing something fun.

Now we are in the "Farmer's Market mode".... We have Farmer's market every Saturday in Ogden and sell all the produce that Paul has grown from the huge gardens he worked so hard on.
Early Spring with planting seeds in his greenhouse to get them an early start,

and then plant them in the gardens and keep them healthy and growing so that now

when everything is producing We've been doing Farmers Market since the 2nd to last week in July and for me it seems to be a weekly cycle of getting ready for Saturday.

Then from 8:00 to 1:00 usually really busy for the Market and then relief it is over,
(the only time I have a chance to get a picture is when it slows down so these pictures don't really show what it is like ha ha!)

Then Sunday and then Monday, Tuesday is recover time for me because of my CFS and FMS.
We have a chance to catch our breath and then it is back to getting ready for the next market. (Maybe that explains things a bit when I say Farmers Market Mode.....)

This year Paul grew flowers so we have been trying to sell "cut flowers"
We haven't had much luck at selling them at any price... we did sale a few this last week.
I have been learning and maybe one of these times we will sell more. People don't seem too interested in cut flowers, when they can go to walmart and for $5 get a little bouquet of professionally grown flowers. So last week I started calling them "Country Bouquets"and made the table around them "cute".... and we did sell some small bouquets.



*********






No comments: